An impressive Venetian fortress which blends perfectly into its natural surroundings as if it were a part of it. It was built in 1687 by the Venetian Morosini to serve as a defensive stand of the city. The last work on the fortifications, designed by Grimani, were completed between the years 1711-1714. The church of Agios Andreas, built in the period of the Venetian domination, still stands at the highest point